ANNOUNCEMENT FROM HOME AFFAIRS ON 04 APRIL ON CORONAVIRUS AND TEMPORARY VISA HOLDERS
1) Can access their Australian superannuation;
2) Flexibility in handling non-compliance of student visa conditions caused from Coronavirus;
3) Return to the maximum 40 hours a fortnight from 1 May for students working in supermarket;
4) New Zealanders on 444 visas and arrived before 26 February 2001 will have access to welfare payments and the JobKeeper payment;
5) Temporary skilled visa holders who have been stood down, but not laid off, will maintain their visa validity and businesses will have the opportunity to extend their visa as per normal arrangements. Businesses will also be able to reduce the hours of the visa holder without the person being in breach of their visa condition;
6) Temporary skilled visa holders will also be able to access up to $10,000 of their superannuation this financial year;
7) Working holiday makers who are working in heath, aged and disability care, agriculture and food processing, and childcare will be exempt from the six month work limitation with the one employer and eligible for a further visa to keep working in these critical sectors if their current visa is due to expire in the next six months.