Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (5 Year Term) Finally ARRIVED! Subclass 870
Top 10 Important features about the Visa
Minister Coleman announced that applications to sponsor a parent for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa will be open from 17 April 2019.
Features of this visa
1) No Balance of Family test will be applied;
2) ‘No work’ conditions will be applied;
3) Require health insurance;
4) Must provide evidence of access to funds;
5) Can remain in Australia for a longer period of time, up to five years at a time without departing;
6) Maximum of two visas, ie. 10 year stay for maximum; must stay offshore for 90 days before applying for the 2nd visa;
7) Up to 15,000 places per year;
8) Visa Fees: $5000 for 3 year stay and $10,000 for 5 year stay, cost paid in two installments;
9) Visa applications must be lodged within six months of sponsorship approval and cannot be lodged until a sponsor has been approved;
10) 15,000 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas may be granted each program year.
-Sponsorship is required, only two parents per household can be sponsored;
-Residency requirement: has been usually resident in Australia for four years;
-A minimum household income threshold to meet;
-Police clearances is required;
-Sponsorship obligations commitment;
-Sponsor Fees: $420
This Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa will replace the current Visitor visa (sponsored by Australia children) for maximum stay.